Friday, August 31, 2007

Paradise


Photos and commentary by Katrin Maldre.

If you happen to be in Milano, it is only 4.90 euros that you need to get to the paradise. Train takes you there, and not even over, but through the mountains. Lago di Como is the place, and I have hard times of thinking of something more beautiful than it. Sure, I'm not the first one to discover it, but the summer heat kept the crowds moderate and brightened all the colors to the extent it all started to hurt. Why ever go to another place?

 I visited only two of the cities - Bellagio and Varenna, but in Varenna I was twice, just because the first time my camera had run out of the batteries and I couldn't leave without having some images to share, don't you think so? Maybe you won't believe otherwise? The abundance of pots and flowers and mountains and sun was such a dream for somebody from a potless and mountainless country as me, and I want to believe that they never have any winter. George Clooney who has a villa on the other side of the lake said that he spends there 40 days a year, and I think he will only increase the time when he becomes richer and had to work less (or can do more meaningful work). 





No comments: